On Christmas night, after a long nap, we went over the river and through the woods to Grandmama's and Granddad's house. Auntie Karen, Auntie Lavi, Uncle Simon and Rishi and Leela were all there to celebrate too! Luckily Leela was feeling better from her long week of being sick in the hospital. We all enjoyed a yummy dinner--my plate consisted of oatmeal and applesauce, while others feasted on roast beef, mashed potatoes and veggies. We had fun opening our Christmas crackers and wearing the beautiful paper crowns! After dinner we had the famous "Flaming Christmas Pudding" (it was actually on fire!) , Christmas cake and shortbread. I tried some of Grandmama's homemade shortbread--it was FANTASTIC and I think I will have to have more of it sometime soon! After dinner we moved into the living room and opened presents. What a special day it was! I missed seeing the rest of my family but I know that they all had a wonderful Christmas too!



No comments:
Post a Comment